Tuesday 25 September 2012

Devise to Westminster Canoe Race

It's official, my next major challenge is to complete the 120 mile Devizes to Westminster Canoe race that starts on the morning of the 30th March 2013 and finishes (hopefully) 22hrs late as we paddle under Westminster bridge.

Neal, my race partner, and I have been out in the K2 now most weeks for the last few months and things are beginning to flow.

This weekend we head up for our first taste of the real thing as we intend to paddle the first 25 mile section of the race.

It's getting harder as the weather is turning and I know that between now and the race most of my training will be in the dark, in the rain and in the cold. I'm already suffering with cold fingers, following my lake Baikal expedition, so it's going to be a real challenge.

Lots of updates to come!